In a region of abundant natural resources, numerous examples of cultural & historic heritage, as well as vibrant folklore, the tourism industry has yet to become a major development driver. CheeseCulT presents a unique opportunity for sustainable tourism and new development models for the cross-border area, considering that livestock herding and the production of dairy products, most notably cheese, milk and yogurt, are an integral part of local culture and culinary tradition.
- Preservation of local dairy culinary tradition/ product quality and stimulation of innovation on cheese production
- Sustainable tourism development by creating a new cultural tourism product based on Cheese
- Market uptake & stronger involvement of SMEs (especially in cheese products)
- Introduction of the brand “CB Cheese route”
- Networking of local producers / stakeholders in cultural/ tourism sector in the area